Who We Are | Forest Youth Athletic Association
FYAA offers youth sports for children ages 4 to 18 in Central Virginia. We primarily serve Forest and surrounding areas in Bedford County. Sports include baseball, softball, football, lacrosse, soccer, tee ball and wiffle ball.

Sponsored By:   Lynchburg Nissan
Forest, VA
My my My my

Forest Youth Athletic Association, located at 3372 Thomas Jefferson Road, is a non profit 501(c) 3 organization that is owned by the participants in the sports programs and is a part of the group of ten associations within the Bedford County Parks and Recreation Department.

While FYAA is an association operating under the guidelines of Bedford County Parks, only about 20% of their funding comes from the county, and is used primarily to pay the umpires, mow and line the fields, provide some of the required sports equipment, trash collection, and bathroom supplies. The remaining 80% comes from the fees charged to participate and donations from the community. Fees cover uniforms, building costs, utilities, insurance, capital upgrades, as well as upkeep of the grounds and playground and other operational costs. FYAA is unique in that we own the 36 acres the park is situated on as well as the building that houses the office, concessions and equipment storage.

In the course of a year, over 2000 children participate in soccer, baseball, softball, football, cheerleading, basketball and lacrosse. Registrations for these sports are held at the same time every year. Basketball registrations are in October, lacrosse and spring soccer are in January, spring baseball, T ball and softball are in February and all fall sports registrations are in June.  Fall sports include football, cheerleading, soccer, lacrosse, baseball and softball. 

As with any volunteer organization, new volunteers are always needed. If you are interested in getting more involved, please contact the FYAA office at 434-525-6866. Positions on the Board open up every January and new faces are welcome.  The BOD meets monthly on the third Thursday. Minutes from the meetings are available for your review in the FYAA office.


If you’d like to make a tax deductible contribution to the FYAA, you can send your contribution to:  FYAA





3372 Thomas Jefferson  Road, Forest, VA   24551.6866 or  .